HSM Adminisaurus | DFSMShsm Manager
HSM Adminisaurus (HSA) is a consolidated DFSMShsm management tool for the novice or the expert that provides extensive reporting, comprehensive auditing, in-depth processing analysis, and simplified administrative functions to help you establish and maintain a healthy HSM environment. HSA allows proactive management to maximize storage utilization, optimize physical resources, and conserve time to ensure availability and business continuity.
HSA audits, interrogates, compiles reports, and provides error correction facilities on current and historical mission critical data managed within the HSM environment. HSA contains health analysis processing to save time and money by reducing the time and effort required to manage and maximize the contribution of HSM.
New features with HSA 3.2
Maintaining a healthy DFSMShsm environment can be difficult. With this release, the effort of maintaining an effective and efficient DFSMShsm environment is further simplified. The process of analyzing and understanding what is occurring within DFSMShsm and the storage environment is made easier with more health checks, more reporting, and greater auditing options. Read more here
Real-Time and Historical DFSMShsm Reporting
- Over 50 new reports have been added. Ranging from basic reporting on DFSMShsm data to full analysis of and summarization of DFSMShsm processing. With these new reports, the administration of DFSMShsm is made easier allowing for greater DFSMShsm effectiveness.
- New DFSMShsm activity summary reports provide a high level overview of DFSMShsm processing keeping the administrator quickly informed of how healthy DFSMShsm is. Activity is summarized by:
- High level qualifier
- Job name
- User identifier
- DFSMShsm action using hourly trending
- Auto function summary and detail – migration, backup, dump, and recycle
Fast and Precise Auditing
- New AUDIT of ML1 volume content validates the data residing on the migration level 1 volume. If the data found is not the most current version of a data set or if the CDS records describing the data have a discrepancy, it is reported. This ensures that the data is usable and can be recalled when needed.
- New automatic fix facility allows for fixes to be applied at the time an audit is executed rather than later through the ISPF interface. IBM recommended fixes are flagged making it easy to select the best fix for the errors that are detected, minimizing the storage administrator’s time and effort to maintain the DFSMShsm environment.
- Performance improvements to existing audits have been made to allow for greater throughput and lower resource consumption by the audits.
T-REX is a mainframe utility to analyze, diagnose, report, backup and repair clusters and ICF (Integrated Catalog Facility) components in a z/OS environment. T-REX was built from the ground up to incorporate the latest features and functions, making it superior to the other conglomeration of old technology in this particular […]Read More
Universal Data Manager (UDM) is a GUI based solution for managing an organization’s z/OS Storage at an Enterprise level, including, Tape Robots and Tape Catalogs, DFSMShsm, CA-Disk, ICF Catalogs, DASD Volumes, DFSMS objects, Spool data and other related objects. The overall ease of installation and automated analysis provides the controls, […]Read More
VELOCI-Raptor (VR) is an intelligent, intuitive, performance optimization tool designed to dramatically improve system performance while significantly reducing system overhead by automating tuning activities. VR assists IT departments in meeting increased service level demands and helping manage growing workloads. VR reduces overhead by optimally allocating buffers for VSAM and non-VSAM files […]Read More
MERGECAT FOR OPEN DATASETS – TERADON is an MVS utility for moving BCS entries from one ICF catalog to another. TERADON can perform its function whether the associated datasets are CLOSED or OPEN. The major differences between IBM’s REPRO MERGECAT and TERADON are: TERADON can perform the REPRO MERGECAT process significantly faster. […]Read More
RealTime Defrag (RTD) provides automatic and easily controlled z/OS DASD volume maintenance for the 24×7 operating environment, without the disruption to production schedules which legacy defrag and volume maintenance products engender, and with high throughput due to its advanced multiple address space architecture. Today the availability and reliability of your […]Read More
XTINCT 5.1 z/OS Secure Data Delete is a tool for wiping data from DASD and Tape to ensure the original data is unrecoverable. In addition to providing a complete audit trail and comprehensive reports to satisfy regulators, XTINCT surpasses NIST guidelines for cleaning and purging data. XTINCT satisfies all federal and international […]Read More
REORGadon (HSM/R) is a tool to address the problems and restrictions associated with batch reorganization of IBM’s Hierarchical Storage Manager (DFSMShsm) control data sets (CDS) and small data set packing data sets (SDSP). REORGadon provides HSM control data set or SDSP reorganization while the files are active and online to HSM, and […]Read More
DINO-Software develops enterprise-wide, multi-platform solutions for the optimization of complex IT environments. In 2002, DINO-Software released their vanguard product, T-REX and quickly established themselves as specialists within the z/OS mainframe tech-space. DINO-Software products include VSAM record management, catalog, storage management, and disaster recovery. DINO technologists have, over the course of […]Read More